Case Histories :
Workpiece examples include:
Cabinetry parts, fasteners, eye bolts, pins, rod ends, screws, nuts and bolts.
An American OEM produced a line of hardware parts that required the trimming of numerous small steel rods protruding from a .510 diameter housing.
- The rods needed to be trimmed flush with the .510 diameter housing without damaging the housing itself.
- OEM had been using multi-tooth, solid hollow mills which had short tool life and were expensive to regrind or replace.
- The customer required a specific length tool with #30 NMTB shank to fit the existing set-up.
- A special Genesee "T" style tool body was designed to use 8 easily replaceable and regrindable solid carbide Genesee blades.
- Parts are machined without problem and the blades are easy to regrind dozens of times.
- The blades are also replaced at a fraction of the cost of the previous tooling.